- With your fingernail put an X right over it. I've been taught that way ever since i was a kid.
- —Guest Unknown
- Every time it bites, take the heaviest perfume you have and spray it in the area..100% effective and harmless.
- —Guest Farah
- You all thought it was a joke, huh? But Windex!(Window cleaner) it actually works!
- —Guest Guest
Powder and Lotion
- Pour about 2 teaspoons of lotion and 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of baby powder on a paper towel. Then take 2 more paper towels and cover the first one. Roll it and prick a hole in the edge. Then apply it to the infected area. It works!
- —Guest emoangel21
Treat it Like a Snake Bite
- I treat the effect area as a snake bite. Take a sterile needle, jab the area until it bleeds, take out the poison, and burn it. It works.
- —Guest George Hunsinger
- I get mosquito bites all the time! I usually take my fingernail and press it in the bite 2 times to make a cross. It hurts at first but works later!
- —Guest Guest random
- The easiest way to avoid a bite would be to prevent it, correct? Well, why not just wear a bee suit all the time?
- —Guest lol
- Rubbing alcohol 70% works like a charm! My mom always did it no messes and pretty instant.
- —Guest carolyn
Dettol and Baby Oil.
- Mix equal parts of dettol and baby oil together, and apply with a cotton swab. Will relieve itching for abour 2-3 hours. Also makes your legs look tan!
- —Guest Bushgirl.
Paw paw ointment or banana peel
- My son often gets bitten & it drives him insane. Lucas paw paw ointment ($5 a tube) takes the itch away immediately! Or if you can spare a banana use the inside of the peel & rub it on the bite. These 2 remedies seem to get rid of the itch & it doesn't return!
- —Guest Cait
- TCP works so good for me. It fights the infection as well.
- —Guest Mimi
Wet Green Tea Bag
- Make a cup of green tea, put the wet tea bag on your mosquito bites. It works!
- —Guest Cleo
- Always carry a mosquito repellent with you. It helps for about 3 hours to keep the mosquitoes from biting you. As they say, prevention is better than a cure! Secondly you can keep on rubbing the affected part with a bronze key it might sound strange but it feels so good and the swelling disappears faster.....MY GRANDMA TIP!!!!
- —Guest archita
Avon Skin So Soft
- Just put some Avon Skin So Soft in a spray bottle add a little water so it goes through the sprayer and the critters are gone! Gets em before they can bite!
- —Guest lakota2000
- Soak the afflicted area in Epsom salts with warm water for five minutes. I honestly tried everything else and this worked for me.
- —Guest Claudia